Re: interactive feel of Emacs: the need for speed, and -Q [measure.el]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: interactive feel of Emacs: the need for speed, and -Q [measure.el]
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 07:51:33 +0200

Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:

> off the latter using --no-site-file

Thanks, that works with all my Elisp!

Perhaps it isn't that big? Where is it? The man page for
emacs(1) just says what it do (or don't), "Do not load
the site-wide startup file." - OS/distro specific
location/contents?

Or is my Elisp just plain modular? :)

> (See emacs info: "The Emacs Initialization File".)

(info "(emacs) Init File") ?

Seems to by default be, uhm, default.el and
site-start.el, in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp ...
only that is empty for me... ?

> (which is implied by -Q), and you can turn off the
> former by adding (setq inhibit-default-init t) in your
> init file

Again, that didn't brake anything.

OK, so I greped the drive for default.el and
site-start.el, either my commands stink or they don't
exist on the drive.

Most likely, they are not the reason!

But do I `require' tons of stuff as you mention as
a possible cause. but shouldn't that be sound stuff that
don't overpopulate hooks etc? actually, I have 273
`require's! But as long as that's sound stuff,
where/what is the problem? sum effect?

Most of it is just vanilla Emacs stuff being required so
configuration and extension will go thru compilation w/o
error messages a/o warnings, I'm not a heavy M/ELPA user
at all, not that I think quality anywhere should be so
lousy it'd cause all this...

Thank you...

--
underground experts united