Re: Changes in GC and in pure space

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changes in GC and in pure space
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 15:58:27 -0400

>> As it happens, the issue with hash tables is bound up with the unexec
>> thingy, in
>> that portable dumping currently can screw up hash tables with user-defined
>> tests.

Note that AFAIK we currently don't dump any such hash-tables, so if
there's a bug there it only affects the case of the user *re*dumping
with a special config, which AFAIK we do not intend to officially
support yet for 27.1.

> I wasn't talking about the hash tables; that bug needs to be fixed,
> indeed.

Not sure which bug you're referring to, because the one discussed
recently (linked to the pdumper's need to rehash tables) should be fixed
already (Pip Cet provided both that simple fix I installed as well as
a subsequent better but more intrusive fix).

        Stefan