Re: debbugs extensions (was: [RFE] Migration to gitlab)

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: debbugs extensions (was: [RFE] Migration to gitlab)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 19:40:39 -0400

On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 10:42, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> For the records, the part of the search engine which is used inside the
> SOAP API was written by me, and brought to debbugs.gnu.org. I've asked
> the Debian BTS guys for merging upstream; there hasn't been any positive
> answer ever.

In the master branch of Debian's debbugs, there are some changes to
use an actual database; the main motivation, as far as I understand,
is to improve searching. So maybe if we incorporate that stuff the
searching can be improved (it's not part of the debbugs that Debian is
currently using, I think, which is what I'm currently targetting for
rebase).

https://debconf17.debconf.org/talks/103/
Slides:
https://annex.debconf.org/debconf-share/debconf17/slides/103-debbugs_22_years_of_bugs.pdf