debbugs extensions (was: [RFE] Migration to gitlab)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: debbugs extensions (was: [RFE] Migration to gitlab)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 16:34:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > For starters, perhaps we could make debbugs-gnu smarter, as the
>> > beginning of that section can be easily identified.
>>
>> As far as I can tell by peering at the debbugs-gnu code, the search is
>> done server side
>
> Too bad, I though it was in our code.

For the records, the part of the search engine which is used inside the
SOAP API was written by me, and brought to debbugs.gnu.org. I've asked
the Debian BTS guys for merging upstream; there hasn't been any positive
answer ever.

So in theory, we could continue to add our own extensions,
server-side. Unfortunately, I'm short in time, and don't see the
possibility to do this myself in the foreseen future. And I have already
pending TODOs for debbugs, which I'm sad not to have the time to work on.

Best regards, Michael.