Re: Scan of regexps in Emacs (March 17)

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Scan of regexps in Emacs (March 17)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:21:18 -0700

Thanks for doing that. I fixed all the regular expressions I could
easily fix, by installing the attached patch into master.

I saw two false alarms, both in lisp/org/org-datetree.el. Both are of
the form (re-search-forward (format "[chars%%]+" ...) nil t), in which
both '%' characters are needed. Perhaps you could tweak the trawler to
not report these?

The remaining unfixed issues are all in lisp/mail/footnote.el's
footnote-hebrew-numeric-regex, where Eli's expertise would help. I'm
attaching these unfixed issues in mail-extr.txt.

I assume this was a complete trawl, so that I can ignore the earlier
scans you emailed (I got behind in looking into them). If not, please
let me know.