Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:02:24 +0100

Here is a patch with Eli's fixes and corrections:

Actually I have 3 more questions:

1) In the graphical mode the character I use now (?\u2502) does not look
like a vertical line (there is a small vertical space between them so
the line now looks like with ?|); in terminal it looks fine. What's the
proper way to change the font size or the character itself to fit the
entire row height in the graphical mode?

2) Are there any extra considerations needed to use the character
?\u2502 ? Is it needed to check (for example) if the actual fonts can
display it properly?

3) Actually there are 3 possible configuration options the column
number, the character, and the font. Should we provide some other
alternative?

The next step is to implement the R2L version of this, but I don't have
used R2L editing ever, so it may take a while.