RE: visual-region-mode?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: visual-region-mode?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

> The hidden regions mean that I always have to consider that they are
> always there so that I do not make a mistake in the first place.  That
> makes me feel uneasy.

To be clear:

1. There is only ever one region per buffer - not regions.

2. Wrt "hidden": The cursor is the point end of the region. It, at least, is
always visible, never hidden. The region might not be highlighted, but its text
is typically not hidden (invisible).

So it would be more accurate for you to speak of the region (singular) not
being _highlighted_.