Re: bignum branch

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:45:30 +0100

On Fri 10 Aug 2018, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Under GNU/Linux, Emacs (at least both the 25 and 26 versions I have
> here) link dynamically with libgmp.  This is probably happening
> via libgnutls.

Good point. On Windows, emacs loads gnutls (and many other libraries)
explicitly using LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress (similar to dlopen/dlsym).
The Process Explorer utility can be used to show the loaded DLLs.

The master branch mingw64 x86_64 build does not load libgmp-10.dll when run
as "emacs -Q". However when run normally to use the package manage and
gnus, Process Explorer shows libgmp-10.dll is loaded.

    AndyM