Re: bignum branch

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 21:49:46 +0100

On Wed 08 Aug 2018, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andy> This crashes in data-tests-logcount from test/src/data-tests.el, so
> there is
> Andy> a problem in logcount.
>
> I couldn't reproduce this, so I would appreciate it if you could look
> into it.  Thanks.

Testing on several builds:
 - cygwin x86_64 is ok
 - mingw64 x86_64 crashes in logcount
 - mingw64 i686 is ok

Looking further into this, I think it is an MSYS2 packaging bug. The
MSYS2 mingw-w64-x86_64-gmp package is built using this script:

https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/blob/master/mingw-w64-gmp/PKGBUILD

That script builds both a static library and a shared library, but only
installs one of the gmp.h headers from the builds.

The GMP static and shared library builds generate slightly different
gmp.h headers, so both should be installed in separate locations.

c:/msys64/mingw64/include/gmp.h has this (package version 6.1.2-1):

    /* Instantiated by configure. */
    #if ! defined (__GMP_WITHIN_CONFIGURE)
    #define _LONG_LONG_LIMB 1
    #define __GMP_LIBGMP_DLL  0
    #endif

That is suitable for linking to a static library. If I change it to look
like this:

    /* Instantiated by configure. */
    #if ! defined (__GMP_WITHIN_CONFIGURE)
    #define _LONG_LONG_LIMB 1
    #define __GMP_LIBGMP_DLL  1
    #endif

After rebuilding emacs, logcount works, and data-tests passes.

    AndyM