Re: bignum branch

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 10:19:48 +0100

On Wed 08 Aug 2018, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andy> This crashes in data-tests-logcount from test/src/data-tests.el, so
> there is
> Andy> a problem in logcount.
>
> I couldn't reproduce this, so I would appreciate it if you could look
> into it.  Thanks.

Sure - I was reporting what I have so far.
 - cygwin x86_64 (LP64 model) is ok
 - mingw64 x86_64 (LLP64 model) fails
 - mingw64 i686 is ok

The problem is in mpz_popcount in the GMP library from MSYS2 x86_64,
which segfaults when calling mpn_popcount. I'll report back when I have
more time to investigate further.

    AndyM