Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?

From: Nick Helm
Subject: Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 17:22:17 +1200

On Sun, 20 May 2018 at 03:49:01 +1200, George Plymale II wrote:

> Nick Helm <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You're right, the mac-port doesn't exhibit this particular bug. However,
>> it's not perfect in this area either, due to it using many of the same
>> techniques. (Your screenshot actually illustrates my point – the
>> Lisp-derived menu items shouldn't be visible while the Spotlight for
>> Help search field is active.
>
> I'm a little confused by this -- you're saying that the info nodes
> (which I suppose are the Lisp-derived menu items) should _not_ be
> visible?

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. No, the help book topics should be
there. I'm talking about the menu items – everything from 'Send Emacs
Feedback to Apple' and below.

As I understand it, macOS tries to hide these menu items when the help
search field is populated and only shows them again when the field
becomes empty. But on Emacs they can get added back in when the menu-bar
updates.