emacs-26.1-rc1: ./configure (was: Off Topic)

From: Van L
Subject: emacs-26.1-rc1: ./configure (was: Off Topic)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:27:02 +1000

> Alan Third writes:
>
> I have to be
> honest, I’ve no idea why. I just use:
>
>    ./configure
>
> and it works fine.

Er, not really for me, I get at the end of tag release emacs-26.1-rc1’s

  ./configure

  configure: WARNING: This configuration installs a 'movemail' program
  that does not retrieve POP3 email.  By default, Emacs 25 and earlier
  installed a 'movemail' program that retrieved POP3 email via only
  insecure channels, a practice that is no longer recommended but that
  you can continue to support by using './configure --with-pop'.
  configure: You might want to install GNU Mailutils
  <https://mailutils.org> and use './configure --with-mailutils’.

and that might’ve pushed me to explore configure’s switches, by trial and error.