Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:50:40 +0300

> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 15:32:38 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
>
>  > (4) Add horizontal scroll bars for the Gtk/Motif/Lucid/Windows builds.

Thanks!

Please remove the TODO item for this.

> I have committed the changes now.  Although I gave them some thorough
> testing with the Gtk/Lucid/Motif and Windows builds here, they very
> likely might break with other window managers or toolkits.  I did some
> light tests with GNUstep but am convinced that the NS build in
> particular will run into more serious problems.

The horizontal scrolling behaves strangely/incorrectly and erratically
with bidirectional text, especially when some paragraphs are L2R and
others R2L.  This aspect was never discussed in detail (I didn't even
know you were working on this), so I'm not surprised it doesn't DTRT.