Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:59:35 +0400

On 07/22/2014 05:42 PM, martin rudalics wrote:

In the next days I intend to install the attached patch.  Its primary
aims are to:

(1) Finish the transition to pixelwise frame/window size handling (for
     example, removing the necessity that fringe-sizes are an integral
     multiple of columns or the remnants of the "extended" scrollbar).

(2) Fix the "toolbar/menubar height is part of the frame text height"
     issue (which the recent change in revision 117561 doesn't).

(3) Make the frame size resilient to menu-/tool-/scrollbar/font/fringes
     changes when it's either maximized/fullscreen or the user generally
     dislikes implied size changes.

(4) Add horizontal scroll bars for the Gtk/Motif/Lucid/Windows builds.

Kindly refrain from substantial frame/window code changes in the next
few days to make the transition as smooth as possible.  And, obviously,
please try the patch.

Maintenance/support notice: in general, I think that ~400K patch is just
a bad joke. IMO it's highly desirable to split 1), 2) and 3) in one
patch and apply it first. 4) should go next, and only after a more or
less representative feedback on 1), 2) and 3).

Dmitry