Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:19:33 +0300

> Cc: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 03:16:00 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > where MKDEPDIR expands to this:
> >
> >     test -d ${DEPDIR} || mkdir ${DEPDIR}
> >
> > Now, if more than one .c.o rule tries to create the `deps'
> > subdirectory at the same time, one of them might lose due to a race
> > condition, and fail the entire compilation.
>
> Please note I changed this earlier today for this reason

Changed how?  I don't see any changes that would solve this.  With the
current trunk, running configure on GNU/Linux still produces
src/Makefile with these fragments:

    MKDEPDIR=test -d ${DEPDIR} || mkdir ${DEPDIR}
    .c.o:
        @$(MKDEPDIR)
        $(CC) -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(ALL_CFLAGS) $<

What am I missing?

> but in a different way to your suggestion.

That wasn't a suggestion for a change in src/Makefile.in, just a means
to make sure Angelo's problem is due to this race, and not to
something else.