Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:16:35 +0300

> Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:53:15 +0200
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
>
> Today, trying to bootstrap Emacs trunk (rev. 100406), using 'make -j4',
> fails always in the same manner:

Thanks for the report, but where's the relevant data?  It fails
compiling dispnew.c, but the portion of the build you show relates to
frame.c, not to dispnew.c.  Please show more.

> I have done many tries... It looks as if, with 'make -j4', it avoids to
> compile dispnew.c. Indeed I obtain
>
> $ grep dispnew build-emacs-gtk-24.0.50-r100405.log
> make[2]: *** [dispnew.o] Error 1

It doesn't avoid.  It tries to compile it, but the compilation fails
for some reason.  The question is what is the reason.  Seeing the
compiler command and its output might help.