Re: Calc: `*' binds more strongly than `/'

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Calc: `*' binds more strongly than `/'
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:31:37 +0900

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:
> While several people have said the current behavior is convenient for
> interactive use, I would hope (and expect) that there aren't any
> calc-scripts depending on this behavior.  But it'd be nice to know for
> sure.

In any case, while there are clearly some people which know about and
like the current behavior -- so any change would unfortunately cause
_some_ pain -- I suspect even more people get screwed up by calc's
deviation from standard practice (and often probably don't realize it
until they detect later than their calculation turned out wrong for some
reason).

-Miles

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi