Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:06:26 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:47:32 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> >> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> >> Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:11:52 +0100
> >>
> >> I talked about "code comments and documentation", and you did not
> >> bring up a different subject in your reply.
> >
> > "Documentation" in Emacs obviously starts with the tutorial, so
> > translating that would be the obvious first step.
>
> You changed the topic again.

No, I didn't.  I've already covered the code and comments, so
documentation was the last bit.

> How does this make "code comments and documentation" not prose?

Comments are very short and easier to understand than the
documentation.  Documentation, such as the tutorial and the manuals
are the prose I referred to.

> If you want to talk about something completely different from what
> you are replying to, there is no necessity of quoting context as if
> it was relevant to your point.

If you want to be a pedant, with the sole purpose of having the last
word, let's just end this ``discussion''.