Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:04:17 +0200

> Cc: Yotam Medini <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:07:44 -0500
>
> In the case of Hebrew, I think the best option is to write it "right" (using
> another editor)

One can write logical-order Hebrew in Emacs today, no need for another
editor.  It's just the display that is broken.

> and then keep it in Emacs's repository but without offering
> it in the list of languages (since Emacs can't currently display it right).

I don't see how we can craft a tutorial without being able to display
it, since the tutorial undergoes reformatting by Emacs, as you know.

If someone wants to contribute just the text, we could perhaps keep it
in admin somewhere, but I doubt that anyone would wish to work on
something that will not be used for some time to come.

> One more motivation for writing the bidi support.

I lack time, not motivation ;-)