Re: memory leak

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: memory leak
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:32:32 +0000 (UTC)

   Is there any reason why you can not identify the culprit by running
   top, ordered by memory consumption, whenever the problem occurs?  I
   guess you can also use ps if you prefer static output.

That is what caused me to think first that Firefox was the culprit.
My version does not appear to reuse memory properly when a page is
renewed ... but that is a different issue.  I got an increase when I
did not have Firefox running, but did have Emacs running (that is to
say, running instances of `emacs -Q -D' with no files open and my
doing nothing).  I got no increase when neither Firefox nor Emacs were
running.  That is why I became suspicious of Emacs.

Anyhow, you have a good point.  I am becoming less and less inclined
to worry about Emacs and more inclined to think I was fooled by one of
the new processes I do not know anything about.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8