Re: memory leak

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: memory leak
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

   Robert J. Chassell wrote

   > These instances of GNU Emacs appear to consume RAM at a rate of
   > 124 kb/min.

Andreas Schwab wrote

   I don't see that on ia64 with fvwm2.  The instance is running for
   more than ten days without any apparent leak.

Thanks!  I am running an i686 machine.

    Pentium III (Coppermine)
    CPU Speed 846.87 MHz

    gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Debian 4.0.3-1)

I did everything again, just to make sure.  I got rid of Firefox, and
with no Firefox and no instances of Emacs, my memory use (both RAM and
swap) decreased over ten minutes.  With Emacs (-Q -D, my doing
nothing), but no Firefox, RAM use increased (but no change in swap).

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8