Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:40:27 +0200 (MEST)

> Kai Gro=FEjohann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> But the switch to buffer bit is simply that me and Hrvoje are speaking of
> slightly different things. Switch to buffer by name is there, but I'd like
> to cycle through buffers sequentially; analogous to switching between
> applications using Alt-TAB on Windows or Cmd-TAB on Mac OS.

In Emacs 21 you can click with button 1 on the buffer name in the modeline
to cycle forward, and button 3 to cycle backward.  There is a tooltip
that says this when the mouse is over the buffer name.

Where I work some people where used to Microsoft style cycling so I made
some lisp to do that.  But now they use only the modeline.

        Jan D.