Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 22 Apr 2002 13:18:27 +0900

> The manual should be indexed well enough to allow you to find any
> important issue within seconds by using the `i' command.  If you
> cannot find some issue via `i', I suggest to file a docs bug report.

Come to think of it, why not automatically add clickable references from
doc-strings into the info manual?  That seems like it would be pretty
easy to do, since the necessary information is already there.

`Info-goto-emacs-command-node' already does something similar for
commands (though in a slightly less convenient way).  I don't know
whether the method Info-goto-emacs-command-node uses would be best for
doing all functions; maybe it would be better to just run a build-time
script that extracts the references from the .texi files and actually
embeds it into the doc-strings.

-Miles

--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.