Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:15:06 +0200

Terje Bless <address@hidden> writes:

> But the switch to buffer bit is simply that me and Hrvoje are speaking of
> slightly different things. Switch to buffer by name is there, but I'd like
> to cycle through buffers sequentially; analogous to switching between
> applications using Alt-TAB on Windows or Cmd-TAB on Mac OS.

I see.  Sadly, there is no really standard way to do this.  Various
approaches have various pros and cons.

I wonder if it would make sense to bind bury-buffer to a key.  Terje,
would you be willing to try M-x bury-buffer RET a couple of times to
see if it would be useful to have that bound to a key?

The problems with bury-buffer are that it only goes in one direction,
and it might display some buffers that you are not interested in.

Various packages exist that solve these problems, but none of these
seems to have emerged as the standard way to do it.

kai
--
Silence is foo!