Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:29:55 +0300

> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:38:47 -0700
> From: Michael Matthew Toomim <address@hidden>
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Well, yes and no.  Terje seemmed to say that he didn't want to read the
> > manual, period.  Not even a single section, not even when in bad need of
> > some specific information.  That sounds extreme to me: if there's a way
> > of getting quickly to the necessary info, why should someone refuse to do
> > that on purpose?
[...]
> What the above paragraph implies, is that you think Terje doesn't
> deserve to use the cool features in XEmacs, or that we should not feel
> obligated to make the features easier to use, if he is not willing to
> put in the effort required to read the XEmacs manual.

Sorry, I don't understand how did you deduce that from my language.  I
never meant anything like that.  What part of my wording implied such
a hostile intent?

All I meant to say was what I said: that it surprises me why would
someone avoid existing documentation even though it might be easily
accessible and helpful.

> Whether the general mainstream audience has put in enough effort to
> really *deserve* to use XEmacs isn't the issue here.

I don't think in such categories.  To me, anyone and everyone
deserves to use XEmacs.