Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:02:43 -0700 (MST)

    > Maybe a face attribute can be added to produce something that looks like
tabs,
    > or some special characters.  Then the tool bar could be set up to show
these
    > "tabs".

    Well... this would be a hack and I don't think it should be the official
way to
    support this.

Why do you think so?  I think it is general, powerful, and clean.

For the use that Per suggested, the header line seems like exactly
the right place.  For choosing buffers, something like the tool bar
would be a better place, but I am not convinced it is useful to
select buffers that way.

      Also the header-line would be too thin to do this.  We would need at
    least two rows of text.. AKA

Why does it need two lines?

(What is "AKA"?)