Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 23:07:10 -0700 (MST)

    I believe you misunderstood.  The point, as I understood it, is that
    Emacs proper has little use for tabs, but that individual
    subapplications may find good use tabs for their own purposes.

I did misunderstand.

    The top level customize group would then look like:

    <some introductory text>
     /Editing / External / Convenience / Programming / Applications ==>

It seems to me that this could be done by creating buttons in the
buffer, or perhaps in its header line, which would work more or less
like tabs.  My suggestion that we create a face attribute that allows
text to look like tabs would suit this well.