[Duplicity-talk] Question on dealing with Archives

From: Jeffrey
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Question on dealing with Archives
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:46:07 -0400

Hi everyone,

I've got a question that I hope hasn't been asked a million times. I searched at this email list's website but the terms were too generic and didn't find what I'm looking for.

I'm using Duplicity to periodically load unencrypted full backups to my Amazon s3 account. Works great, except I'd love to be able to download those archives and extract them myself.  At the moment, when I download the  duplicity-full.************.diftar.gz I get another archive .difftar that will not properly extract.

I've tried setting my s3-multipart-chunk-size and volsize to 200MB & 400MB but duplicity still breaks up the volumes?

I'm backing up small websites, and I'm looking for an fast & easy way to restore them in a worse case scenario where the server blows up.  I can get a new VPS with wordpress setup in seconds then load up the site files using ftp.

Is it possible to get one gz archive for a full backup? Each backup would be less than 500MB.

Thanks for any insight!

Jeff