Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found lo

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found locally after get from backend
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 07:44:29 -0500

Mike, would it be possible to get the PPA build fixed?  I think a fair number of people would make for better testing.

We can always revert back to 0.6.23, merge in the bug fixes, and call that 0.6.24.  There could be code conflicts going that route.

...Ken

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04.05.2014 22:00, Michael Terry wrote:
> Hmm, I tested the webdav backend and it worked for me at the time.  I can try a box.com <http://box.com> account to get the same flow as you.

wonder how, as with the python builtin urlparse you should get the host missing error.

> The error you mentioned about urlparse is interesting that https vs http are different.  I'll have to take a look.

my workaround is to add webdavs to the urlparse.use_netloc list, but it seem to be dirty. probably easier to manually remove the scheme and let urlparse work on "//host:port/path". didn't try it though.

>As for the error above about the temp file, that looks like the file didn't download correctly.  Will check when I get that box.com <http://box.com> account.

as i wrote, the same account/path works fine with 0.6.23, so i'm pretty sure something broke it in trunk

> I may not be able to look at this today, just FYI.

in your own time

> As for reverting, we haven't released the bug yet.  Versioning is always a bit of a PR thing,

can be. but in serious projects it tells you about changes and probably legacy incompatibility ;)

>but it seems to me that we can just fix the bug and test more rather than make bump the version over some internal refactoring.  Most of my recent branches have not added anything interesting PR wise.

as i wrote earlier, you moved too much code for my taste to guarantee 0.6 is nearly as stable as it was before. the issues i stumbled over seem to confirm that.

..ede