Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity - verify if backup needed

From: Eliot Moss
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity - verify if backup needed
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 15:10:13 -0500

Perhaps I mentioned my scheme before; maybe it will
be of use to you, Eleanor ...

- I back up to a local directory. This is fast (but
  requires that there be enough space for the compressed
  backup files)

- I then send (rsync in my case, but you can use other
  methods) the new backup files to a remote server.

- I then delete the *.vol* files locally, but KEEP the
  manifests and sigtar files.  These latter files are
  enough for running future backups, and I feel certain
  are adequate for using --dry-run to get a list of
  what would be backed up.

Best wishes -- Eliot Moss