Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity - verify if backup needed

From: eleanor
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity - verify if backup needed
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 21:06:09 +0100

Hi. The problem is, that when the backup starts, the duplicity caches some data into /home/user/.cache/duplicity/. The problem occurs if the backup is interrupted, because in cache it says that files are in sync where in fact they are not.

Its possible that I missed something, because I didnt look at every file in cache dir, but the --verbose and --dry-run don't work.

And my backup will be interrupted frequently,because I'm on a laptop which gets switched off often. When the backup is interrupted, I want it to continue where it left of, and not saying the files are synced when they arent.

And I would also like to check if the sync is needed, because dont want to waste resources, which is why I cant just do a new backup, which will waste reources most of the time.

Thanks for any thoughts.

On 8 Dec 2011 19:31, "SanskritFritz" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM, eleanor <address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is that running with dry-run doesn't actually

> display the files that are not synchronized.

You may try --verbosity 8