Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.16 "File XXX was corrupted during upl

From: Kris
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.16 "File XXX was corrupted during upload." to s3+http://
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:45:11 -0400

My apologies Edgar, I forgot to redirect stderr to the file.  The missing
chunks are:
File duplicity-full.20111102T212409Z.vol1.difftar.gpg was corrupted during
upload.
Removing still remembered temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-U9hMkY-tempdir/mkstemp-mEh1GU-1
Removing still remembered temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-U9hMkY-tempdir/mktemp-j2vS07-2

One thing to note is that the first volume is actually 75MB on S3 when the
volsize is set to 50MB. This is very strange and had me suspicious. I looked at
the verify code and it was just comparing file sizes.

So, I commented out the unlink'ing of the temp files that happens in
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/tempdir.py.

Looking at the temp file after a failed run, it's correctly at 52456415 bytes:
-rw------- 1 root root 52456415 Nov  2 17:36 mktemp-Cyx5sP-2

Looking at the S3 copy, it's 33% bigger!

I think the problem is right there, unless I don't grok the whole picture. It
looks like it's breaking the initial full backup volume file up in to 3 chunks
(by default, I don't specify it) of 26214400 bytes. Double that is ~50 megs
(which is a volsize i specify). Triple that and you get a wrongly sized file of
75Mb that's sitting on s3.

Any ideas?  I just have to walk my dog, but I can dive in to more code when I
get back. I'm sure this won't be too hard to figure out.

Kris