Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.16 "File XXX was corrupted during upl

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.6.16 "File XXX was corrupted during upload." to s3+http://
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:09:07 +0100

On 02.11.2011 20:43, Michael Terry wrote:
> On 2 November 2011 15:40, Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 2 November 2011 15:08, Kris <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I'm thinking it might be beneficial to delete and retry uploading that
>>> particular volume for some number of retries before just failing the backup
>>> outright. Do you think this might be beneficial?
>
> Oh, also note that we do retry it 5 times if we get an error.  But
> this is a situation where the backend said it uploaded it fine!  We
> now do this extra check in case it is lying, and it seems to be.  So
> we need to find out why.   It's not just one backend though.
> Something fishy is going on.
> -mt

kris,

could you please run your backups with '-v9' for now and on the next occurrence
of that error put the output (obfuscate private data in it) on pastebin or the
launchpad bug tracker?

that might help us.

ede/duply.net

PS: because i've never been hit by that i still expect it to be an issue of the
backends silently failing to properly upload the data. to elaborate. i always
do a verify after, and duplicity never failed me in the last 3 years, or since
when i am involved.
still i promised to add the size info retrieval to ssh/ftp backend and will do
so as soon as i find time for that.