Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and partial rsync transfers

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and partial rsync transfers
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:41:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Eliot Moss wrote:

Note that, given the size of the source I am backing up,
I have set volsize to 1Gb so as not to have an really
large collection of files. (Is this unwise?) So it is
painful to start a volume over when 800Mb has been uploaded.

I'm not sure that it's unwise for any other reason than that it's awkward to retransmit. I would probably just stick with the 25MB default. 3000 files isn't really that many, especially if you have a modern filesystem on the other end that can handle large directories efficiently.

--

Nate Eldredge
address@hidden