Re: [DotGNU]GUI

From: Juhani Honkala
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]GUI
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:31:34 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Gopal V wrote:

> > What I mean to say here is, that Net like Micro$oft meant it was a great
> > idea, completly platform independed, but what did they to again, make it
> > only for Window$ with a GUI for Window$.
>
> Well wrapping MFC into Windows.Forms was the easiest way there was ...
>
> > So if your still with me, and you get the plan let me know something, I'm
> > willing to do some effort to get this rolling. I've written some embedded C
> > and have a real good knowledge of Window$ core working.
>
> I'm still lost at what you are stating... are you suggesting a new GUI
> model for DotGNU ?...

A gtk# might be a good alternative and it's good to have different options
in GUI development, but I really think that DotGNU should suppport
Windows.Forms. Most developers will do GUI using it and therefore
it'd enable may programs to run on the systems supported by DotGNU as
would not be otherwise possible.

Even if the support is shit and slow it'd be worth it. (something like
java.awt.swing would be at least possible)

juhani