Re: [DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?

From: Peter Saint-Andre
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:54:11 -0500 (CDT)

> > online. All queueing is done by the recipient's
> > server, not the sender.
> it is peer-to-peer.
>
> So if I am never online at the same time, I will never
> get the message?

No problem here -- Jabber servers will hold messages for you until you're
online again.

So if I (online) send a message to you (offline), your Jabber server will
store the message for you. Now I log off and you log on. You (online) send
a message to me (offline). My Jabber server stores the message and it is
delivered to me the next time I log on.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre