dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]'non traditional' clients for DotGNU authentication?

From: John
Subject: Re: [Auth]'non traditional' clients for DotGNU authentication?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:36:45 -0500

David Talbot wrote:

> dotgnu/passport systems can be broken into a few logical divisions:
> 1) A repository that stores a (username/password or other authentication
> scheme)
> 2) A repository that stores relevent information on that person

Just a correction here, though some may disagree with my wording. There
are two repositories, as you said, but one contains encryptions key
(AuthMaster) and the other contains relevant encrypted data about the
person (DataBank): username/password information is stored in the
DataBank, but the data is useless (strongly encrypted) without the keys
held in the AuthMaster.

John Le'Brecage