Re: GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 18:15:45 -0400

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 4:56 PM Alex Humberstone <address@hidden> wrote:
Brian, yeah good questions. So, the computers in my lab are going to all be running Ubuntu 20.04 like next week, so we're forced to use that. Not that I mind. I like Ubuntu a lot. And I'm planning to use both GNU Radio 3.7 and 3.8, because I will be porting some custom blocks we wrote in GNU Radio 3.7 to 3.8, but I also need to keep running them in GNU Radio 3.7, while also porting them to GNU Radio 3.8. Maybe like after the next academic year we can drop GNU Radio 3.7. But not for this year. It depends on how well things go for porting all the blocks in our internal library here.

I've had success using LXC containers to setup different OS environments without sacrificing performance.  Maybe check out how to get an older Ubuntu 18.04 LXC container setup to run GNU Radio 3.7 while you port things to 3.8.

Good luck.

Brian