GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04

From: Alex Humberstone
Subject: GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:29:39 -0500

The new Ubuntu 20.04 does not include Python 2 anymore. But GNU Radio 3.7 requires Python 2. So then can you run GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04? I think there's still a package that you can instal to add Python 2 support in Ubuntu 20.04. I found a bunch of websites that make it sound like this should be possible. So I'm thinking it should still actually be possible to run GNU Radio 3.7 on Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone actually tried this before? Does this work? Is there anything special that you have to do? Any help here would be super appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

https://linuxconfig.org/install-python-2-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-pip-on-ubuntu-20.04/

https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-python-2-on-ubuntu-20-04

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-20.04-Clear-Python2