discuss-gnu-electric

Re: problem with xmit gates

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: Re: problem with xmit gates
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:23:47 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Steven Rubin wrote:

> Electric does have transmission gates, one of the "4-port" symbols in the
> Analog Schematics technology.

Does it work with the simulator? I tried all the 4-port transistors and
couldn't get any to work. The message box says for most 4-port
transistors:
--
Converting layout in facet xx{sch}, writing VHDL to facet xx{vhdl}
Back-annotation information has been added (library must be saved)

> >I tried to built one from transistors (looking a model from a book), in
> >analog schematics, but it didn't seem to work.

Since I suspect a little it could be a bug with the simulator, I attached
this schematics (as readable dump) in this message. What's wrong with it?
It almost works, but not quite. It works until the input signal changes
the second time (when control signals are ON). Details in documentation
view.

Should I care what Export type I use, Input/Output/Unknown/etc.?

> Not dead, just no critical mass yet.  A few of us read it.

Very surprising since Electric looks wonderful--if I just get around these
few problems. It would be really great. (If I'd get it working well I
would have good reason to "buy" actually it--I'm going to use it for real
paid work if I get it to work).