Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use

From: Chris Hilliard
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use Policy ?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:19:18 +0000

I have never signed an aceptable useage policy, and I'm at uni and
have been faced with many - even one for using school (was called a
home school agreement which both me and my parents refused to sign).

As far as I could ever see, I was going to break the policy within 5
sec of logging in and loading up paint shop pro off my pendrive or
doing something else such as hacking the system (although the sys
admins were rather pleased when I gave them the heads up and we
developed a rather good working relationship). So I never signed it.

My first rule in life is never to sign something you know you can't keep to.

thanks,
badspyro