Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use

From: James Grabham
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] How to deal with an nasty and vague Acceptable Use Policy ?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:24:13 +0000

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
2008/11/5 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
I've only had a quick look but it sounds pretty standard and fairly

reasonable to me.
Indeed, but the banning of "chat" must be annoying; when I'm at college and have nothing better to do, I often log into CGI:IRC.
Also, what counts as "bad language" in emails - I often swear in emails to friends etc, as I would in normal conversation, but it wouldn't necessarily be "obscene", or "offensive".  (In fact, most of my lecturers at college say much worse things ;) ).
jgrabham