Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:00:13 +0100

On Thu, 2020-09-17 at 06:16 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:
> In the scheme script I have a list of commands one for each hard
> coded note.
> when I tested my script the short cut I gave for the letter 's'
> didn't work
If you post that script I can probably tell you what the error is...

> so I was trying to debug it. When looking at the script I forinstance
> used a comma for a two key shortcut and I see from your response I
> should have used a '+ ' sign.

Instead of trying to guess what the name of a two-key shortcut might be
use the pop up dialog I described in the previous email. With that
dialog visible if you press a two-key shortcut (e.g. Shift-a followed
by Shift-a assuming the caps lock is off) then it will tell you the
name of the shortcut written in blue, in this case it says

Keypresses A,A invoke command Insert A

where the A, A is written in blue. That is the name of the two key
shortcut Shift-a followed by Shift-a.

I think you may be confusing the fact that Shift-a involves two
physical keys on the keyboard (one of which you hold down while you
press the other) with a two-key shortcut, which is a sequence of two
key presses one after the other, such as Ctrl-A followed by Alt-B,
which would be a two key shortcut, even though you have to physically
touch four keys to make it happen...

>  Also I want to make sure that my shortcuts replace the default
> ones.

they will.