Re: scheme shamble, was custom keymap

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: scheme shamble, was custom keymap
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 14:11:03 +0100

On Fri, 2020-09-04 at 08:15 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:

> (d-AddKeybinding xxx yyy)
> (d-AddKeybinding xxx1 yyy1)
> (d-AddKeybinding xxx2 yyy2)
> -------------------------
> I am not so sure I understand but I will try this out. It seems also
> that I can make one script for all the hard notes actions and then in
> the same script add keybindings.

no, you would need one script for each "hard note" - one menu item for
each (rather like the series of menu items for each note name that you
see in the Notes/Rests menu - for example:

Command: Insert A
Inserts note A before note at cursor
Cursor determines which octave
Note is inserted in the prevailing rhythm
Location: Object Menu ▶ _Notes/Rests ▶ Note Insertion
Internal Name: InsertA

that menu item is for the note A and there are six others).

Then you would have a second script that sets shortcuts for all your
"hard note" menu items. You want three different octaves for each of
seven notes I think, so 21 menu items in Notes/Rests (you should choose
the option to put them in a submenu when you are creating the 21 menu
items).