Re: XML anatomy

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: XML anatomy
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 10:11:50 +0000

On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 09:30 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 18:15 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 09:08 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > I'm guessing it means
> > > lengthening (some?) some notes and shortening others in pairs?
> >
> > I had a power cut which corrupted my file system, but having got
> > things
> > working again I find an email from Bric has gotten nuked. I don't
> > see
> > it in the denemo-devel archive either ... however it occurred to me
> > that there is a problem with the play back in Denemo that affects
> > me
> > when I'm checking that the music is correct - namely grace notes
> > aren't
> > played.
> > And it occurred to be that it is possible to fix this reasonably
> > easily.

I've implemented sounding grace notes and playing back in jazz swing
style - it built overnight and seems to be working under wine.

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

gives this version. The new commands are in Staffs->Playback and allow
you to swing pairs of 1/8th notes not inside tuplets and to play
appogiature following the 18th c conventions. French inegalite is not
coded up as a command, but is obviously related.