Re: Direction of phrasing slur

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Direction of phrasing slur
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:10:16 +0000

On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 21:13 -0800, Tom Quinn wrote:
> Is there a way to force the direction of a phrasing slur using the
> denemo GUI?
I don't think its been done as a command, but if you double-click on
the note and choose Object Editor and then Advanced on the phrasing
slur directive you can insert the "^" you want into the LilyPond
postfix field. You might like to add something to the "Display text"
field so that you can see in the Display that you have altered this
phrasing slur.
>  E.g. I'd like to have "^\( " be inserted into the lilypond instead
> of the "\( " that you get with notes->slurs->insert phrasing slur.  I
> know I can "insert lilypond", but that is not very user friendly.
For something more user-friendly once you have the Advanced edit up you
can click "Create Script" which will put a script for creating that
syntax into the View->Scheme window. You can then create a palette
button to activate that script whenever you want (right-click on a
palette button and Edit Palette, Duplicate a button, right click on the
duplicate and "Get Script" into the button) or create a menu command
for it (right click on the Phrasing Slur command and "Save as new menu
item".