Re: [Denemo-devel] Help! Keyboard problems

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Help! Keyboard problems
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 11:40:52 +0000

On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 11:31 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> New run with denemo-2.2.10 not re-using commands, shortcuts ,etc...
> Clearly the US keyboard is not correctly interpreted while it works
> very well when entering text in an editor. Examples:
>
> key: 1 message: ampersand is not a shortcut
>      2          eacute is not a shorcut
>      A          q is not a shortcut
>      Q          a change /append A !!!

This is connected with the locale which Denemo sets via a call

setlocale (LC_ALL, "")

I think there is an environment variable that can influence this. I'll
try some experimentation.
Thank you for your diagnostics!
(Incidentally, I came across something similar when running the
Playback View, if you use that view you may find it has an influence)

Richard