Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:18:10 +0100

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 09:33 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > Ok, as of last night's build I think I have all the keyboard
> > > shortcuts
> > > fixed for the windows version:
> > >
> > > http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip
> > >
> > > It is still popping up a Console, (like the old denemo-
> > > console.exe
> > > did).
> >
> > I put the -mwindows in the CFLAGS I wonder why it is still doing
> > that.
> >

> I have rebuilt this now placing -mwindows in AM_LDFLAGS like it was
> in gub. Let me know if that gets rid of the console.

Yes, that gets rid of the console, it is the linker that has to take
notice of -mwindows but it's surprising that gcc didn't pass it on.
I think everything is ok but have a lingering doubt about installation
on an entirely clean machine - on one test Denemo couldn't display the
fermata sign in the Denemo Display, seemingly because the emmentaler
font wasn't being accessed correctly. After running an older version
this went away, but if someone gets a chance to try the zip file at
their local library or other innocent machine and try to get the
fermata to show (or trill or other emmentaler glyphs) then that would
be good.
and, of course, any other problems there may be...