Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 09:33:55 -0500

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 10:20 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2018-04-02 at 12:34 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-03-30 at 13:42 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Under Windows 10
> >
> > Tried using the keyboard/keypad a bit more.
> >
> > Keyboard 4 does not work.
>
> yes, that one has a currency symbol (euro) on a GB keyboard ...

[...]
> Thanks for the feedback - I got the currency symbol problem out of
> the
> way, but Shift-A is now Shft-Aacute :(
>
> Still working on it...

Ok, as of last night's build I think I have all the keyboard shortcuts
fixed for the windows version:

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

It is still popping up a Console, (like the old denemo-console.exe
did).

I put the -mwindows in the CFLAGS I wonder why it is still doing that.

I have rebuilt this now placing -mwindows in AM_LDFLAGS like it was in gub. Let me know if that gets rid of the console.

Jeremiah

It will be good to create two versions, one with console debug
and no optimizer and the other with no console, no debug symbols and
the -O2 optimization turned on.

Ok. Let me think of how to do that. I could have two different .mk files maybe (one optimed the other for debug)

I should try to build the MXE version myself - I've forgotten all I
ever learned about it, but I guess if I wget http://www.denemo.org/~jjb
enham/mxe
I should be able to make it go (?)

It would probably pull all the binaries and source files as well if you did that.
I have been slowly adding changes upstream. They are still missing fluidsynth. You could clone mxe master and take my fluidsynth files from src/fluid* and src/denemo.mk. you would create a settings file to configure it to defsult to shared and not static. Also before denemo will build you will have to copy the librubberband and portmidi libs into your prefix/lib because for some reason they are being installed in prefix/bin. It is on my todo to fix these and push them upstream as well.

Jeremiah

Meanwhile, if anyone finds any keyboard shortcuts that are wrong, or
other problems with this version please report as we are getting close
to a releasable version.