Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font

From: Lars Björnfot
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 00:17:50 +0200

>> The 2.0.0 zip worked. It creates denemo.ttf in
>> C:\Apps\denemo-2.0.0\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo

>presumably you extracted the zip file to C:\Apps\ ???

Yes.

>> The 2.0.0 installer now also works when i re-installed it.
>> Fonts are OK even though there is no C:\Windows\Fonts\denemo.ttf.

>Hmm, that is surprizing. But I have seen the most bizarre behavior from
>windows, and it may be that in your version it is supporting fonts somewhere
>else...

My guess is:
By running denemo.exe in C:\Apps\denemo-2.0.0\... it tells Windows about the
fonts, and Windows makes them available for other applications too.
And the generated *.ttf files then gets locked.  I tried to delete a
C:\Apps\denemo-0.0.0 after unzip and run, but Windows complained about files
locked.
Screenshot attached.
Rough translation is: "Cannot finish the action because the file is open in
System".
After reboot I could delete them.

>> The installer gave error:   Invalid file handle 32
>Did that appear in the full-screen display that the installer uses? or in some
>popup window (entitled? ...) I haven't ever seen that, it could be something
>entirely local to you, of course.

It was a separate popup. (attached #2)
Title "Denemo 0.0.0 for Microsoft Windows - Please re-boot when d..."

I'm happy to help troubleshoot. :-)
I think this version is much more stable than the previous!
The only problem I had is it hanged, with a modal dialog behind another window.
Could see part of it but no chance to click it.

Lars